PBM Has Bold Plans for the Future!
Hosting A Gift Market
- Make a decision to host a Border Gift Market as a mission outreach of your church
- Have the decision approved, as necessary, by the Session or governing body.
- Choose the date as soon as possible. Dates between October 15 and December 15 have proven to be effective.
- Clear the date and location on your church's master calendar and with the Pastor and Session
- Choose a chairperson and planning committee.
- Set the time, place, and agenda for the initial planning meeting.
- Decide what sub-committees you will need and make appropriate assignments.
- Pray for the Market.
- Set the hours for the Market.
- Choose a treasurer or accountant for the Market.
- Make a display board using pictures found on the PBM website, or call or email us to have copies sent to you. Extra catalogs, posters, photos for displays and recipient cards and envelopes should be requested from the PBM office as needed and/or when your event is confirmed.
- For information, assistance, supplies, etc. contact PBM at 210.299.5011 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Holding the Border Gift Market
- Ask volunteers to arrive one hour prior to the opening of the Market.
- Create a festive atmosphere with music and decorations.
- Serve Café Justo (www.justcoffee.org) to Market shoppers.
- Arrange for greeters (with name tags) who would distribute catalogs, shopping lists, and pencils.
- At the conclusion of the Market, the cashier and the treasurer/accountant should tally the amount received.
After the Border Gift Market
- When shopping is finished and all is tallied ONE check should be sent, made payable to Presbyterian Border Ministry, along with a master shopping list, to: 319 Camden St., San Antonio, TX 78215.
- In addition to the check and master shopping list, we suggest that you also send us the names and addresses of those who contributed so that PBM can send a letter of thanks directly to each person.
- Thank your volunteers and include a follow-up article and report in your church newsletter to celebrate the success of the Border Gift Market.
- Start planning for next year! Now is a good time to start thinking of a few people who might organize the Market next year.